Dear Anderson Middle School Families,
Welcome to the new school year. I hope this letter finds you and your family healthy, relaxed, recharged, and ready to start back to school. I am proud to be a part of Cascade Union Elementary School District, where we are providing options for at-home learning and in-person learning, so you may choose what is best for you, your child, and your family.
At Anderson Middle School, our highest priority is the health and safety of our students and staff. In order to minimize the potential risk of COVID-19 spread, there will be no assemblies or field trips, nor will visitors or volunteers be on campus. All extracurricular activities are on hold until further notice. All sports programs have been suspended until January 2021.
- Additional hand sanitizing and hand washing stations have been installed on campus.
- Students and all adults are required to wear a mask. Masks are available at school for those that do not have them
- Students will not be required to wear masks during outdoor physical education activities.
- Students that refuse to wear a mask will be referred to at home learning
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout the campus, including the cafeteria and classrooms.
- Extra classroom furnishings have been removed to allow for more distancing.
- Students will move with the same cohort of students in core classes; the same grade level for non-core and lunch.
All of our schools are offering both a Home School Program and Distance Learning Program as options to in-person learning. Students in Distance Learning will have a schedule with English, math, social studies, and science, and each day during those classes, they will log in via their Chromebook, and their teacher will teach the class. Homework, assessments, and projects are aligned with what is happening in the actual classroom. Home School is designed for the parents who want to pick up the curriculum and teach the material to their child. Internet connectivity is not as necessary and you can create a daily schedule that works for you. If you are interested in either program, please call our office to register your child. You may change programs one trimester at a time or as space permits.
The Project Share After School Program has only 30 spots left! Registration packets are available in the front office for your convenience or visit www.shastacoe.org. Project Share will begin August 17.
Thank you for entrusting us to educate, challenge, and enjoy your student as we embark on this school year. We look forward to seeing your child on the first day of school – Wednesday, August 12. All classes start at 8:50 a.m. For the first week, each day is an Early Release Day; all classes will dismiss at 2:07 p.m. We encourage you to pick up your child; the busses will likely run late, as the number of students they may carry is limited to comply with social distancing requirements.
Please email us at email@example.com or call the office if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help!
Anderson Middle School